“Going into this New Year, Women Aware is blessed. We are inspired by the courageous survivors we serve. We are empowered by dedicated partners, funders, donors, supporters and Board members. Working together, we will build a society where individuals can live free from violence and injustice. Thank you for your support.”
Phyllis Yonta, MSW, MA, DVS
Chief Executive Officer
Serving Survivors Without Interruption – What donors and funders made possible in 2021
- Women Aware served more survivors in a single year than in any one year since our founding 41 years ago.
- Hotline calls increased 12%, averaging over 600 calls a month.
- Advocates provided counseling in 19 different languages.
- Shelter capacity increased to 125% through our hotel placement program, and over 200 women and children were served.
- Our legal advocacy team served 37% more clients.
- We hired a full-time Legal Advocate specializing in immigration matters.
- Our housing navigation program served more than 228 families and helped adult clients receive rent and relocation assistance totaling over $300 thousand dollars.
- In December, we received over $20 thousand dollars in gift cards to bring smiles and hope to those most in need, thanks to the generosity of our community.
Thank YOU for saving lives