Volunteers are a vital part of our mission to promote the safety and self-sufficiency of individuals and families affected by domestic violence in Middlesex County. There are many ways to get involved, depending on your interests, skill-set, and available time. For questions please contact Susan Dyckman, Development Director, by email email@example.com or phone 732-258-0428.
These volunteer activities do not require experience or an application. Thank you for supporting us!
- Host a Dress-Down Day (relaxed dress code, no-uniform day) or Jeans Day (everyone wears jeans) at your place of business or school. Ask for a minimum donation to participate and donate the monies raised to support Women Aware.
- Host a local fundraiser at your school, church/temple/mosque, or in your community to raise awareness and funds for Women Aware.
- Host a restaurant fundraiser to benefit Women Aware through GroupRaise.
- Host a Facebook fundraiser and designate Women Aware as the beneficiary.
- Donate gift cards to help clients shop for their own needs at places like Shop Rite, Walmart, Target, and Amazon.
- Women Aware seeks pro-bono legal experts to support our Legal Advocacy program by providing:
- Free 30-minute private consultations with survivors on family law issues
- Pro-bono representation for orders of protection
- Free training seminars for survivors on legal topics such as child custody, divorce, relocation, immigration, child support, and more; workshops will be scheduled by Women Aware and led by the volunteer attorney
- If you are interested or would like more information about this volunteer opportunity, please contact our Coordinator of Advocacy Services, Mildred Torres, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-258-0412.