Overnight Case Worker
This job description is a broad outline of the responsibilities and duties of the Overnight Case Worker and will be amended, as needed, to meet the program priorities of Women Aware, Inc. and their ensuing work requirements. It should not be construed as a contract and does not create a contract of employment. Employment with the Agency is at will.
Reports to: Coordinator of Residential Services
· Bachelor’s degree required
· DV and case management experience preferred
· Excellent crisis intervention and case management skills
· Bilingual Spanish preferred
· Driver’s license: clean and valid
· Lifting – up to 50lbs
· Full time
In collaboration with the Coordinator of Residential Services, carries the responsibility for providing case management services to residential victims of domestic violence. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
· Provide a safe, non-judgmental, and empowering environment to clients and staff.
· Provide individual case management and crisis intervention, services in accordance with accepted standards of care and ethics of the profession.
· Provide the following direct services: Answer the 24-hour domestic violence hotline and properly provide crisis counseling, information/referrals, and shelter screening. Responsible for orienting residents to a communal living residential facility. Provide ongoing information and advocacy to assigned clients during their stay. Support residents in achieving their goals in accordance with program guidelines and Agency policy. Provide client transportation on an as-needed basis.
· Documentation: maintain case records for clients according to Agency documentation policy/procedure, document hotline calls, intakes, discharges, incidents, assessments, complete safety, and goal plans with clients, and maintain other records as needed.
· Documentation of the CACFP program’s Child Menu Binder and Daily Attendance Records.
· Maintain and submit daily timely and accurate statistics.
· Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports/statistics including CACFP program, DV Core Service Stats, services provided, and hotline log
· Provide coverage for coworkers as needed. May be required to stay and cover the following shift in case of emergency, inclement weather, if next shift relief does not report to work, or if unable to find coverage. May be required to work other shifts and weekends as needed and directed by the Coordinator of Residential Services.
· Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Weekends as needed.
- Social work: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Per Diem Caseworkers needed to provide case management and crisis intervention services to victims of domestic violence in a residential facility on a per diem basis. Availability to work holidays, weekends (mornings or evenings) and overnight shifts. Bachelor’s degree preferred, domestic violence experience and proficient in Spanish a plus.
Job responsibilities include:
- Answering the 24-hour domestic violence hotline.
- Orienting residents to communal living in our residential facility.
- Providing ongoing information and advocacy to assigned clients during their stay.
- Supporting residents in achieving their goals in accordance with program guidelines and agency policy.
- Providing client transportation on an as-needed basis.
To apply for a volunteer position, please fill out the volunteer application on our website at womenaware.net/get-involved/volunteer.